The Executive Assistant maintains schedules, travel arrangements, and prepares documents (word processing, spreadsheet, and presentation graphics) for executive. Works under minimal supervision exercising initiative and judgment. Handles business and personal tasks when needed; is punctual and conscientious, has proven substantial experience in an Executive support role handling highly confidential information with discretion.
Demonstrates the ability to juggle and prioritize multiple tasks and/or projects simultaneously with success. Possesses strong project management skills, one who thinks ahead and anticipates needs from the most mundane to the most complicated to effectively prioritize work flow and who enjoys the challenge of deadlines or tight schedules.
They is a key point of contact for all business and sales inquiries, therefore an accommodating phone manner and high quality communications such as drafting and writing letters/emails, memos, reports, and minutes as required by the Executive is a must.
Assistant should be detail oriented, organized, have excellent follow up with efficient follow through, and work well independently in our corporate office environment.
Assistant should possess an entrepreneurial mindset with a ‘no job is too small’ mentality, to execute business projects from start to finish with a genuine desire to proactively grow the business.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Prepare and edit correspondence, communications, presentations and other documents
- File and retrieve documents and reference materials
- Conduct research, collect and analyze data to prepare reports and documents
- Manage and maintain executives’ schedules, appointments and travel arrangements
- Arrange and coordinate meetings and events
- Record, transcribe and distribute minutes of meetings
- Assembling ‘tax packets’ after the CPAs finish the tax return
- Very light paralegal work; printing files, putting blue backs on wills, and some estate administration work. Possibility for increased responsibilities depending on the client.
- Finalize letters from rough draft form, clean up and send out via FedEx, and clean up dictations
- Monitor, screen, respond to and distribute incoming communications
- Answer and manage incoming calls
- Receive, greet, and interact with incoming visitors
- Liaise with internal staff and external clients in a professional and respectful manner at all times
- Coordinate project-based work
- Review operating practices and implement improvements where necessary
- Provide administrative support for attorneys and support cases by typing, filing, preparing correspondence, assisting with reports, preparing presentation materials, transcribing dictation and other administrative tasks
- Organize and maintain client files according to firm standards. Thoroughly and accurately document client interaction and case updates via case management software.
- Assist with preparing and filing pleadings, motions, briefs, forms, subpoenas, and other preparation as requested or needed
- Prepare attorney expense reimbursements
- Coordinate travel arrangements with firm-provided travel agency
- Maintain calendar and contacts for attorneys
- Handle telephones calls from internal and external sources in courteous manner, including taking accurate messages and appropriately routing calls
- Coordinate conference calls
- Coordinate attorney firm- and client-related meeting set-ups and logistics
- Communicate regularly and directly with clients regarding their estates
- Apprise attorneys regularly regarding client interactions and case updates
- Evaluate and escalate communication as appropriate
- Assistant would be crucial in lightening Executive’s workload both professionally and handling routine/mundane personal tasks as well (running errands, paying bills, booking travel)
- Responding to text messages
- Scanning documents and organizing them electronically
- Booking travel; restaurant; and/or other entertainment
- Light cleaning including emptying garbage cans & wiping desks
- Runs errands and performs necessary tasks such as shopping for food/supplies/gifts, etc., running to post office, dry cleaner, or other as needed
- Participates in special projects and performs other duties assigned
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Ambitious self-starters only. Must be bright and hardworking, fast learner, extremely organized with excellent computer skills including cloud document management
- Knowledge of basic corporate management and legal structure
- Knowledge of office management systems and procedures
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritize daily workload
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- 2+ years of legal administrative experience. We prefer candidates to have at least two or more years working as an Office Manager, Administrative Executive and/or Personal Assistant.
- Associate’s degree preferred
- Proficiency in MS Office and Outlook required, knowledge of case management system preferred
- Excellent customer service as well as written and verbal communication skills
- A fast learner with high attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Ability to multitask and manage changing priorities with a positive attitude and efficient approach, especially in time-pressured situations
- Collaborates well with others in receiving and assigning work duties
- At least 3 years’ experience providing support at a high level
- Proficient computer skills and in-depth knowledge of relevant software such as MS Office Suite
- Knowledge of standard office administrative practices and procedures
- Attitude is everything!!
- Special skills/abilities/competencies required: MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint; MS Access preferred; communication skills; customer service skills; detail-oriented; able to work independently; initiative; interpersonal skills; able to multi-task; organizational skills; problem solving skills; results oriented; team player; time management skills
- Excellent organizational and planning skills
- Expert communication skills
- Information gathering and monitoring skills
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills
- Great judgment and decision-making ability
- High-level of initiative
- Extreme sense of discretion and confidentiality
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Adaptability to changing priorities and environment
WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO WORK FOR US?
For the right candidate, this would be a fun and fulfilling place to work. The salary and benefits are competitive with room for advancement. The work you would be doing would sincerely help people.
Our financial firm combines some of the best big picture as well as cash-flow, retirement and estate planning advice available combined with low cost index investing. Our law firm offers what we believe is the best estate plan there is for traditional families: Lange’s Cascading Beneficiary Plan™. If you don’t believe us, you may believe some of the people who have given our bestselling book, Retire Secure!, (Wiley, 2006 and 2009) glowing testimonials: Charles Schwab, Jane Bryant Quinn, Larry King, Roger Ibbotson, Burton Malkiel, and dozens more.
Our strategies were quoted (with attribution) 33 times in The Wall Street Journal.
Our Roth IRA conversion strategies are the best in the industry. One of Jim’s book, The Roth Revolution, also received the highest praise from top IRA experts including Ed Slott, Natalie Choate, Bob Keebler, Barry Picker, and many more.
We are extremely ethical and enjoy stellar client satisfaction and a 96% retention rate in conjuction with an index advisor that we work with closely.
Our excellent staff is among the best the industry. Both our professional and support staff have been together for years. (Members of our staff and length of service: Glenn Venturino, CPA, 29 years; Steve Kohman, CPA, CSEP, CSRP, 21 years; Matt Schwartz, Esq., 14 years; Diane Markel, CPA, MBA, 17 years; Karen Mathias, Esq., 8 years; Shirl Trefelner, CPA, CSRP, 3 years; John Montoya, Esq., 1 month; Eric Emerson, 3 years; Bryan Tann, 6 months; Sandy Proto, Project Manager, 25 years; Alice Davis, Client Service Coordinator, 14 years; Donna Master, Bookkeeper, 19 years; Daryl Ross, Paralegal, 18 years; Carol Palmer, 6 years).
We have working relationships with excellent money management firms including DiNuzzo Index Advisors, Inc., Fort Pitt Capital Group, LLC, Cookson Pierce and others (visit their websites for more information). Currently, we are marketing money management services using low cost index funds with Dimensional Funds Advisors funds. Our money management clients enjoy the combination of excellent investment services and advice, and our tax-savvy strategic retirement and estate planning advice for a fee of 1% or less of invested assets. We are growing at between fifty and sixty million dollars of assets under management per year. For candidates who don’t know what that means, it is in the top 2% of all advisors.
WHAT MAKES US UNIQUE
Many owners of small professional service firms don’t really buy into the importance of marketing. Getting the boss to loosen the purse strings is like pulling teeth. Jim Lange gets it. Jim has immersed himself in studying marketing and he understands the critical role that excellent marketing plays in the success of the organization.
We offer competitive wages, a company 401(k) plan, medical, dental, vision, disability, and life insurance.
Our offices are located in the heart of the commercially vibrant Squirrel Hill neighborhood in Pittsburgh.
If you are looking for an exciting opportunity in a growing firm and want to work directly with a small group of intelligent and dedicated professionals, we want to meet you.
If you are interested, please send us a cover letter that elaborates on how your strengths fit with our needs and a resume. Thank you.
P.S. Please be advised, your cover letter carries considerable weight in deciding who to interview. All reasonable letters will be personally read by Matt.