2020 has been a consequential year imposing major tax changes that should prompt savvy IRA and retirement plan owners to reassess their long-term retirement and estate plans.
First, as of January 1, 2020, provisions in the SECURE Act, which could decimate the financial legacies of IRA and retirement plan owners, became the law of the land. (This is a terrible thing)
Then, the CARES Act suspended all Required Minimum Distributions (RMDs) for IRA and retirement plan owners for 2020. (This is a good thing and creates opportunities for end of the year planning).
Then, though we don’t know what will happen with the election and the aftermath, there will inevitably be additional pitfalls and opportunities.
Combining these factors, along with the fact that federal tax rates are currently the lowest they have been in decades, has created exceptional short and long-term opportunities to minimize taxes for IRA and retirement plan owners who act quickly.
These opportunities are significant and time dependent—bordering on urgent—and the potential price of inaction could be disastrous. To guide you through these critical decisions we are providing our best and most timely information.
We will be holding four (4) workshops over a two-day period covering: estate planning, retirement planning, investments, and a two-hour question and answer session. Our Q&A sessions have been real crowd-pleasers! Highly informative and interactive.
These workshops provide more details on specific courses of action than the single session webinars I have been holding lately.
With these workshops I am returning to my tried-and-true pre-pandemic format that proved so successful for over 20 years. When these workshops were presented in person most people stayed for the entire day, even if they had only signed up for one or two workshops.
So, we are offering viewers four Zoom workshops and you can register for one or all. If you only register for one but decide that you would like to attend more you will have the option to enroll in the next workshop immediately following the close of the previous one.
We hope you will stay for all four, and encourage participants to submit questions for our lively Q & A.
So, block off your calendar for a few hours on September 29 and 30 (specific times detailed below). My series of four webinars will cover:
- Estate Planning for two hours
- Question and answer for two hours
- Retirement planning for two hours
- Investments for one hour
Before the pandemic, my in-person workshops were filled to capacity (90 attendees) with long waiting lists. Now, there are no limits, and you can reap the benefits from the comfort of your home—perhaps a small up-side to the consequences of the pandemic.
Here’s an overview of the webinar offerings with some details about what each one will cover:
Tuesday, September 29th, 2020
Session 1: 10:00 AM – Noon: The Best Estate Plan for Married PA Resident IRA Owners After the Secure Act: Our Tax-Savvy Thinking
A Clear Explanation of the Tax Consequences of the SECURE Act:
- The profoundly negative impact of the SECURE Act on Required Minimum Distributions of Inherited IRAs and retirement plans.
- How will this change diminish your legacy, and what you can do to minimize its impact.
Aggressive Action That Must Be Taken to Preserve your Estate:
- How to ensure the financial security of your surviving spouse, and potentially save hundreds of thousands to pass on to your heirs.
- Proven strategies to protect your family, now and in the future.
- Are you one of the many Americans who need to redraft their trusts now that the SECURE Act has become law? You need to find out.
- Should your heirs inherit your IRA directly, or would naming a trust be safer?
- Learn about trusts for minors, or children and grandchildren with special needs.
- Surprise Finding: Charitable Remainder Trusts—even if you are not charitably inclined—could be financially advantageous for your family.
- Do you need one of our classic trusts, like the “I don’t want my no-good son-in-law to inherit one red cent of my money trust?”
- What to do when you have children of unequal financial strength.
- A unique multi-generational plan that could save hundreds of thousands of dollars for the grandchildren.
Click here to register for The Best Estate Plan for Married PA Resident IRA Owners After the Secure Act: Our Tax-Savvy Thinking webinar.
Session 2: 12:30 – 2:30 PM: Live Q&A with James Lange: Your Questions Answered on IRAs, SECURE Act & More
Jim will answer viewer’s questions submitted in advance of the webinar as well as during the webinar. Don’t miss this opportunity to have your questions answered.
Click here to register for the Live Q&A with James Lange: Your Questions Answered on IRAs, SECURE Act & More webinar.
Wednesday, September 30th, 2020
Session 3: 10:00 AM – 12:00 PM: Urgent Action for Tax-Savvy IRA and Retirement Plan Owners to Take Before Year End — 6 Proven Strategies to Help Protect Your Family from Devastating Tax Acceleration Losses
- Learn how to avoid the decimating taxes after the SECURE Act.
- Using Roth conversions to minimize taxes on your IRA income for decades for both you and your heirs.
- How to optimize your Social Security distributions.
- Gifting strategies after the SECURE Act.
- The numbers behind some of our favorite strategies and why they work.
Click here to register for the Urgent Action for Tax-Savvy IRA and Retirement Plan Owners to Take Before Year End — 6 Proven Strategies to Help Protect Your Family from Devastating Tax Acceleration Losses webinar.
Session 4: 12:30 – 1:30 PM: Solving the Investor’s Biggest Dilemma: How to Stop Market Volatility from Crushing Your Retirement Nest Egg in the Next Stock Market Downturn
- Dilemma: You need to take advantage of higher rates of return on investments in a strong market but not fall victim to portfolio-crippling losses in the next market downturn.
- Mistakes: Common blunders that leave investors vulnerable to market downturns, and why it is critical to avoid commission and high-fee products.
- Solutions: Enhanced low-cost index investing, appropriate asset allocation, optimal tax planning, plus a critical component that will be revealed in the workshop. Register now.
You and your spouse are cordially invited to attend any or preferably all of our free, no-obligation webinars listed below:
In these webinars, you will discover how to:
- Preserve your hard-earned money for your family instead giving it to Uncle Sam.
- Optimize your Roth IRA conversion planning under the new tax laws.
- Dramatically reduce your risk of running out of money.
- Understand the new thinking for which assets you should spend first and which assets you should spend last.
- Maximize your Social Security benefits.
- Leverage an effective and easy-to-use investment strategy that has a history of outperforming active money managers.
- Develop the best estate plan for your family.
- And much more…
Act now! Stop the IRS from commandeering your hard-earned wealth. Find ways for your heirs to get the biggest benefits from your hard-earned money.
Don’t let Washington’s planned tax-grab eviscerate your family’s wealth! If you miss out on these important wealth-protection workshops, your children could see your estate decimated. You don’t want that. That is not the legacy you’ve dreamed of.
Past performance may not be indicative of future results. All investing involves risk, including the potential for loss of principal. There is no guarantee that any investment plan or strategy will be successful.
Click here to register for the Solving the Investor’s Biggest Dilemma: How to Stop Market Volatility from Crushing Your Retirement Nest Egg in the Next Stock Market Downturn webinar.
Bonuses for Attending: If you register for and attend at least one of the webinars we’ll send you a free hard cover copy of the book. We will also be including several surprise bonuses that we know you will enjoy.