Getting the Most From Your IRAs and Retirement Plans After the SECURE Act and the SECURE Act 2.0 - Part 1
(*Filmed July 8th, 2023 in Fox Chapel, PA)
Both foundational and advanced Roth IRA conversion techniques were included in this session.
With new tools and opportunities at your disposal, we encourage you to attend this workshop to learn how to defend yourself against the dreaded SECURE Act and take advantage of SECURE Act 2.0.
In this session, we will cover:
- How IRA owners born between 1951 and 1959 can profit from SECURE Act 2.0.
- How to move a portion of your taxable investments (IRA and other retirement plans) to the tax-free investing environment (529 plans, your children’s Roth IRAs, Roth 401(k)s and more)—potentially more valuable for your children than you making Roth IRA conversions.
- Capitalizing on Roth IRA conversions through 2025 while favorable income tax rates remain and before the 2026 Sunset Provisions of The Tax Cut and Jobs Act of 2017 take effect and tax rates go up substantially.
- How you could benefit from the new rules allowing employers to contribute to an employees Roth retirement plan. (Previously, employers were only allowed to contribute to tax-exempt Traditional plans.)
- Rollover possibilities for 529 plans to Roth IRAs making 529 plans more attractive than ever.
- Advanced concepts for Roth IRA conversions:
- Transition after-tax dollars in retirement plans, to a Roth IRA at no cost—potentially saving hundreds of thousands of dollars in taxes down the road.
- How to benefit from back-door and Mega back-door Roth IRA conversions.
- How to plan for the conversion of an Inherited retirement plan to a Roth at your beneficiary’s tax rate, not your own. (This is a little known strategy with big tax savings for those who qualify.)
Want to face the future with confidence knowing that you are taking the right steps to get the most out of what you’ve got?
To learn more about what we do to help our clients and their families get the most out of their financial resources, click here to check out a great new video in which Jim sits down with Jen Hall, one of our expert CPAs, to discuss our Financial Masterplan development process.
For qualified prospective clients who are seriously interested in working with us in an assets-under-management capacity or in engaging us to develop your Masterplan on a fee-for-service basis, the first step toward your Financial Masterplan is a complimentary Retire Secure Initial Consultation.
To see if you qualify for a free consultation call our office at 412-521-2732 or complete the appointment request form at https://PayTaxesLater.com/NextSteps.